Securing America’s Financial Future
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
For well over a century, thousands of dedicated men and women have made a career in the distribution of life and health insurance and employee benefits, and in retirement and financial planning. They’ve helped individuals, families and businesses reduce risks and protect assets, fund major expenses like college and retirement, plan their estates, provide employee benefits and group insurance, and reach their financial goals.
Members of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA) work in diverse markets, specialize in a range of products and provide many kinds of services, but they all have these traits in common:
- They are committed to serving their clients and put their clients’ needs first.
- They are highly trained professionals, many of whom have earned designations and advanced degrees. All are licensed in their states to sell insurance, and many are licensed to sell securities.
- They have a passion for helping people and do not consider their profession a “job.” They describe their career as one of providing a needed service and making a difference in people’s lives.
- They are active in their communities and are making meaningful contributions to neighborhoods, schools, civic associations and religious groups.
- They have multiple years of experience and have worked hard to build an agency or practice. They value and honor the long-term relationships they have established with clients.
While they are in the “money” business, they are not in it for the money. Their goal is to uncover needs and solve problems, educate consumers about risks and coverage options, and provide sound financial advice. Much of what they do goes uncompensated, yet their services provide immeasurable value in the form of peace of mind, promises kept and dreams fulfilled.