Mission & Vision
Founded in 1890 as The National Association of Life Underwriters (NALU), NAIFA is one of the nation’s largest associations representing the interests of insurance professionals from every Congressional district in the United States. NAIFA members assist consumers by focusing their practices on one or more of the following: life insurance and annuities, health insurance and employee benefits, multiline, and financial advising and investments. NAIFA’s mission is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of its members.
NAIFA Members are:
- Insurance agents
- Financial Advisors
- Multiline Agents
- Health Insurance and Employee Benefits Specialists
- Both Captive and Independent Advisors
- New to the Business, Industry Leaders and Everyone in Between.
The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors protects and promotes the critical role of insurance in a sound financial plan and the essential role provided by our professional agents and advisors.
The mission of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is to advocate for a positive legislative and regulatory environment, enhance business and professional skills, and promote the ethical conduct of our members.
NAIFA’s mission is advanced in part through ongoing partnerships with the following organization
- The Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU)
- GAMA International
- Life Happens (formerly The Life and Health Insurance Foundation for Education)
- The Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
- The National Association of Independenet Life Brokerage Agencies (NAILBA)
- Women in Insurance and Financial Services (WIFS)
- LIMRA International